- jontalton (jontalton)
- RT @RobinJP: In Seattle, I get attacked by right & left, but most are generally civil, as opposed to Phoenix #wjchat
- BrianManzullo (Brian Manzullo)
- My take on anonymous commenting: http://bit.ly/c8Iez9 Chip in with your take, if you’d like! See you guys next week! #wjchat
- killbutton (Amira Dughri)
- Great read about human nature + objectivity + journalism http://bit.ly/bHQ1Q6 via @lavrusik #wjchat
- RobinJP (Robin Phillips)
- RT @darthcheeta: Q7 be excellent to each other. #wjchat
- RobertMoranLA (Robert Moran)
- RT @andysternberg: @SaleemChat agreed. J students should learn to write ledes on twitter….
- greglinch (Greg Linch)
- Sorry to have missed @digidave leading tonight’s #wjchat — I was at @WordPressDC earlier. I’m looking forward to the transcript!
- webjournalist (Robert Hernandez)
- I told y’all we’d have great questions tonight! Loved the tweets and…
Join us 5-7 p.m. PST on April 1 for a chat about business models in journalism.
Moderated by @digidave.
We’ll be discussing:
- Are paywalls helping or hurting us?
- Should news sites be non profit or for profit?
- Who should be funding media? Government? Corporations?
- and much more!
As always, send a tweet to @wjchat is you have questions you’d like answered!
Q1 Are bloggers journalists? Legally, do they and other Web folks have reporter privileges?
jacklerner (Jack Lerner) The privilege isn’t defined in CA law, but at least 1 court has held that it applies to anyone gathering and disseminating news. #wjchat
Oops, meant to say the term “reporter” isn’t defined in CA law #wjchat
eff (EFF) What makes a journalist a journalist is whether she is gathering news, not the method or medium she uses to publish #wjchat